Crenshaw County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Crenshaw County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||November 24, 1866|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
CRENSHAW COUNTY, 29 South Glenwood Avenue, Luverne, AL 36049, (334) 335-6575
Probate Judge has marriage, probate and land records from 1866
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce and court records.
1898 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Brantley City Cemetery
- Danielsville Baptist Church Cemetery
- Enon Primitive Baptist Church Cemetery
- Liberty Congregation Church Cemetery
- Mt. Zion Cemetery (Red Bay)
- Pleasant Home Baptist Church Cemetery
- Sasser Church of Christ Cemetery
- Sports Cemetery
- Springhill Cemetery
For tips on accessing Crenshaw County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Crenshaw County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).