Crittenden County, Kentucky Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb - http://www.westernkyhistory.org/crittenden/
1865, 1870--Disasters destroyed most records.
1880 Census--Crittenden County, Kentucky is missing about 1,500 people.
Places / Localities
|Irma||New Salem||Shady Grove||Weston|
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- Crittenden Co., Ky African American Griots http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kyafamer/Crittenden/crittenden.htm
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
- Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb http://www.westernkyhistory.org/crittenden/
- Ken Gilkey list of Crittenden Co., Ky Cemeteries http://www.westernkyhistory.org/crittenden/critcem.html
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Crittenden County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Crittenden Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Crittenden County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Crittenden County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- US GenWeb Archives http://www.usgwarchives.net/ky/crittenden/churches/early-ch.html
- Crittenden Co., Ky Church Directory http://www.zetify.com/churches/in/Crittenden-KY-Churches
- History of Crittenden County, Kentucky http://www.the-press.com/history.html
- Old Fire Maps Crittenden Co., KyGenWeb http://www.westernkyhistory.org/crittenden/oldfiremaps.html
- Kentucky Atlas and Gazetteer http://www.uky.edu/KentuckyAtlas/21055.html
- The Crittenden Press History http://www.the-press.com/history.html
- The Crittenden Press http://www.the-press.com/index1.html
Societies and Libraries
- Crittenden Co., Ky. Library http://www.crittendenlibrary.org/
- Crittenden Co., KYGenWeb http://www.westernkyhistory.org/crittenden/gensoc.html
- Crittenden Co., KYGenWeb http://www.westernkyhistory.org/crittenden/crithissoc.html
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Linkpendium has links to many other sites. It is organized by subjects. Simply click on the name of the site you would like explore.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).