Crook County, Oregon Genealogy
|Crook County, Oregon|
Location in the state of Oregon
Location of Oregon in the U.S.
|Founded||October 24, 1882|
|Address|| Crook County Courthouse|
300 NE 3rd, Rm 3
Prineville, OR 97754
|Named for: Gen. George Crook|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Historical Facts
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
County Records Inventory listing the records held at the CrookCounty Court House as of June 2008.
Crook County Court is structured differently. Check the County Records Inventory link for addresses for location of records (left column).
- Record Loss:
Historical FactsNamed for Gen. George Crook, American general in Civil War and Indian Wars.
17 February 1899: Wheeler County was set off.
12 December 1914: Jefferson County was set off
13 December 1916: Deschutes County was set off.
Places / Localities
Information about localities, too small or too brief to describe in separate pages. Exception to this are Post Offices. > Trivia Tidbits
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Rivers and Waterways
Details about the rivers and waterways where farms and settlements are often found along them. >> Rivers and Waterways
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- The Crook County GenWeb Project part of The ORGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Crook County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Crook County, Oregon page 572, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- WorldCat 50140092 ▲ FHL CollectionHandybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed.] (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002)