Cross County, Arkansas Genealogy
|Cross County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||November 15, 1862|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Cross County; 705 Union Ave E #8; Wynne, AR 72396; Ph. 870.238.5735 Details: (Co Clk has m & pro rec from 1863, tax & co ct rec from 1865; Clk Cir Ct has ct & land rec from 1865; Chan Cir Clk has div rec from 1866; Co Hist Soc has newspapers from 1935, cem rec & fam hist)
- 1862--Cross County was created 15 November 1862 from Crittenden, Poinsett, and St. Francis Counties.
County seat: Wynne 
See an interactive map of Cross County boundary changes at N2Genealogy.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Cross County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).