Crow Creek Indian Agency (South Dakota)
Crow Creek Agency at Fort Thompson, South Dakota was established in 1874 for the Santee, Sisseton, and Wahpeton Sioux Indians. It was the successor to the Upper Missouri Agency, which had commonly been known as Crow Creek as early as 1866 when it was relocated to a site near Crow Creek below the Great Bend of the Missouri River. From 1882 to 1896, Crow Creek and Lower Brulé Agencies were consolidated and called the Crow Creek and Lower Brulé Agency. In 1896, they were separated again and remained so until 1924, when Lower Brulé Agency became a subagency of Crow Creek. In 1954, Crow Creek Agency and Lower Brulé Sunagency were merged with the Pierre Industrial School to form the Pierre Indian Agency.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Marquette University. Guide to Catholic-Related Records in the Midwest about Native Americans.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services.