Cuckfield, Sussex Genealogy
CUCKFIELD (Holy Trinity), a market-town and parish, and the head of a union, in the hundred of Buttinghill, rape of Lewes, E. division of Sussex, 25 miles (N. E. by E.) from Chichester, and 38 (S.) from London, on the road to Brighton.
Cuckfield Holy Trinity is an Ancient Parish in West Sussex.
the church history can be found Sussex Parish Churches
The parish church of Holy Trinity has been designated a grade I listed building British listed building
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
This parish was part of Cuckfield registration district from September 1837. see further details To apply for certificates please contact
Centralised Certificates Office
West Sussex Record Office
|FREG = FreeReg.org.uk|
|CUCKFIELD PARISH (1598) Online Records|
Cuckfield Holy Trinity
West Sussex Record Office has deposited parish Registers Bap 1598-1964 Marr 1598-1956 Bur 1598-1934 Bishop's Transcripts 1606-1908
Contact West Sussex Record Office 3 Orchard Street Chichester West Sussex
Phone: 01243 753602
Fax: 01243 533959
Link to the Family History Library Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection Cuckfield
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
See Sussex Census
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Sussex Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 742-746. Date accessed: 20 September 2013
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.