Cumberland County, North Carolina Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:18, 30 March 2011 by Taneya
|Cumberland County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Townships and Cities
- 7 Web Sites
- 8 References
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Jarman] German, John L. "Finding the Father of David German of North Carolina and Shelby County, Indiana," The American Genealogist, Vol. 68, No. 2 (Apr. 1993):87-94.
- [Lewis] Lewis, J.D. My Neck of the Woods: The Lewis Families of Southeastern North Carolina and Northeastern South Carolina. Little River, S.C.: J.D. Lewis, 2002. FHL Book 929.273 L585Ljd; CD-ROM no. 1036
- Cumberland County Register Of Deeds has scanned their deed index books (1754-1976) and land records (1754-1968) and placed them online. To begin your search click here.
- Index to Cumberland County Estate Records - A through L, M through Z - via the NCGenWeb Project
- Index to Estate Settlements - via the NCGenWeb Project
- Cumberland County Tax Records - via the NCGenWeb Project
- Fayetteville State University: 1947-2009
Societies and Libraries
Townships and Cities
- NCGenWeb: Cumberland County - free genealogy resources; part of the USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).