Cuming County, Nebraska Genealogy
Cuming County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Cuming County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||March 16, 1855|
|County Seat||West Point|
|Address|| Cuming County Courthouse|
200 S. Lincoln Street
West Point, Nebraska 68788-0290
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Cuming County Courthouse
200 S Lincoln Street
West Point, NE 68788
County Judge has marriage and probate records from 1866,
court records from 1960 and school census.
Clerk District Court has divorce records from 1869. 
For tips on accessing Cuming County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Cuming County, Nebraska page 429, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).