Custer County, Nebraska Genealogy
Custer County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Custer County, Nebraska|
| Map of Nebraska highlighting Custer County|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||February 17, 1877|
|County Seat||Broken Bow|
|Address|| Custer County Courthouse|
431 S. 10th Ave.
Broken Bow, Nebraska 68822-22099
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Custer County Courthouse
;431 S 10th Ave;
Broken Bow, NE 68822
County Clerk has birth records from 1910, death records from 1915,
obituaries from 1877 and pioneer biographical data.
County Historical Society has many other records.
County Judge has marriage records from 1878,
probate and court records from 1887.
Clerk District Court has divorce records from 1881.
Register of Deeds has records from 1880. 
1877--Custer County was created 17 February 1877 from unorganized territory. County seat: Broken Bow 
For tips on accessing Custer County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Custer County, Nebraska page 429, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).