Cypress California Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 1.1 Calendar and Events
- 1.2 Center Resources
- 1.3 Center Services
- 1.4 Resources in the Local Area
- 1.5 Links
- 1.6 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 4000 Orange Ave, Anaheim, California
- Corner of Orange Ave and Holder St, between Valley View Blvd and Western Ave.
- (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Phone: (714) 821-5382
Open Hours: M-Th & Sat 9 to noon, Tu - Th 3 to 8:30 pm, Sun evening 6-8 pm
Holiday Schedule: Open most holidays, call to be sure.
Calendar and Events
Class Schedule: Classes on becoming family history consultants and indexers are held every Sunday evening from 6 to 8 PM.
Staff Training Meetings: 1st Thur of each month, 7 PM
- Family History Library Catalog: This center is equipped for patrons to view and print from microfilms that are ordered on-line for delivery to this center. Film may be ordered from your home at: www.familysearch.org/films
- Strong Sicilian and Hispanic resource.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, such as Ancestry.com.
- 7 networked workstations, 5 micro film-fiche readers, micro-film digitizer, hard copy Mormon pioneer family group sheets.
Staff Research Specialties
Very strong multi-media services (microfilm/fiche digitizer, convert all info formats to DVD-CD disks).
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
Anyone interested in extending hispanic or sicilian family history