Czech Republic Handwriting
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Czech Republic Topics|
|Czech Republic Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Back to Czech Republic Page►
Online Czech and German Handwriting Guides:
- Czech handwriting examples from 1600-1935, letters N-Ž
- Old German Script Generator Website
- Type in a name or word in the white field on this website.
- Click on the 8 different old German scripts to see what the name or word would look like to help you read old Czech records.
Helpful publications at the Family History Library are:
- Učebnice čtení starých textů. (Textbook on how to read old script). Praha: Česká genealogická a heraldická společnost v Praze, 2003. (Family History Library book INTL 943.71 G37u).
An excellent publication to teach you how to read old script found in Czech records. Includes various types of alphabet and handwriting examples in Czech, German and Latin with their transliteration.
- Šedivý, Juraj/Pátková, Hana. Vocabularium parvum scripturae latinae. Bratislava: Latin Palaeography Network - Central and Eastern Europe, 2008. (Family History Library book INTL 413 Se28v).
This is a Latin Paleography Dictionary of scholarly terminology. Each word is given in German, Czech, Slovak, Polish, Hungarian, Latvian and Russian. Includes English introduction.