Dallam County, Texas Genealogy
Adopted by TXGenWeb Dallam County
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Texline was named the county seat when Dallam County was organized in 1891. Ten years later the railroad came, and a new town, Dalhart, sprang up at the railroad crossing. In 1903, Dalhart became the county seat. Dallam County's first courthouse was built in 1891 in Texline. A second courthouse was built in Dalhart in 1903. The county's current courthouse, shown at right, was built in 1923.
Dallam County Courthouse
County & District Clerk - Terri Banks
P.O. Box 1352
Dalhart, Tx. 79022
1876--Dallam County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar Land District, but was not organized until 1891. County seat: Dalhart 
Dalhart (partly in Hartley County) | Kerrick | Perico | Texline
- The Book of Years: A History of Dallam and Hartley Counties, 1969, by Lillie Mae Hunter.
- Hartley County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).