Dallas Plantation, Maine
United States Maine Franklin Dallas Plantation
Dallas Plantation (T2 R2 WBKP), also known as Number 2 R2 Plantation, and also known as Getchell Plantation, is a Maine plantation in the forests on the west central side of Franklin County. Early, it was part of a multi-township plantation called Plantations 2 and 3 R1 and 2 and 3 R2 formed from:
- Township 2 R1 WBKP (now Sandy River Plantation)
- Township 3 R1 WBKP (now Rangeley Plantation)
- Number 2 R2 WBKP Plantation (now Dallas Plantation)
- Number 3 R2 WBKP Plantation (now Rangeley)
but that long name was changed to Dallas Plantation in 1845, and changed in turn to Rangeley Plantation in 1852. Multi-township plantations were abolished in 1859. By 1860 Number 2 R2 was known as Getchell Plantation, and by 1870 the same land was being called Dallas Plantation again. In 1884 Number 2 R2 alone was once again reorganized as Dallas Plantation. 
- Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 72 (digital p. 81). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.
- Dallas Plantation, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 26 September 2013).
Adjacent towns: Franklin Co.: Coplin Plantation | Madrid Township | Rangeley | Rangeley Plantation | Sandy River Plantation | Township 1 R2 WBKP (Redington Twp) | Township 2 R3 WBKP (Lang Twp) | Township 3 R3 WBKP (Davis Twp)