Difference between revisions of "Dane County, Wisconsin Genealogy"
(add nav bar)
|Line 76:||Line 76:|
Revision as of 21:23, 28 September 2010Template:Wisconsin-stubUnited States > Wisconsin > Dane County
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Dane County's Administrative offices are located in the joint City-County Building at 210 South Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., directly south of the State Capitol.
This building houses the Register of Deeds office for the county. It is in this office that both deeds and vital records are filed.
Nearest public parking is approximately 2 blocks east in the city garage.
Places / Localities
- Dane County, Wisconsin Cemetery records (interment.net)
- Dane County cemeteries (graveyards.com)
- Dane County cemetery list (findagrave.com)
1855 Wisconsin State Census— Free unindexed Internet images to the 1855 Wisconsin State Census can be viewed on the FamilySearch Record Search – Pilot Site. This census includes name of head of family, individuals in the household by sex and race, number of deaf and dumb, blind, insane and foreign born.
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).