Dane County, Wisconsin Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Dane County's Administrative offices are located in the joint City-County Building at 210 South Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., directly south of the State Capitol.
This building houses the Register of Deeds office for the county. It is in this office that both deeds and vital records are filed.
Nearest public parking is approximately 2 blocks east in the city garage.
Places / Localities
- Dane County, Wisconsin Cemetery records (interment.net)
- Dane County cemeteries (graveyards.com)
- Dane County cemetery list (findagrave.com)
1855 Wisconsin State Census— Free unindexed Internet images to the 1855 Wisconsin State Census can be viewed on the FamilySearch Record Search This census includes name of head of family, individuals in the household by sex and race, number of deaf and dumb, blind, insane and foreign born.
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Madison Wisconsin Family History Center
- Sun Prairie Wisconsin Family History Center
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).