Danville is an extinct town, now part of Auburn, Maine. Danville was created in 1802 from Pejepscot Claim Plantation and Little's Gore as the town of Pejebscot, but changed its name in 1818 to Danville. In 1859 part of Danville was annexed to Auburn. The remainder was annexed in 1867 and Danville was extinguished as a corporate town. 
Records. The Androscoggin Historical Society (Auburn, Maine) preserves the Account Book of Treasurers of Auburn (then Pejepscot and Danville) from 1802-1858. A microfilm copy is also available on FHL film 223930.
- "Naming Our Towns: Danville," Androscoggin History: Newsletter of the Androscoggin Historical Society No. 30 (June 2000) (accessed 21 June 2013), citing George Thomas Little, "Danville," in Georgia Drew Merrill, ed., History of Androscoggin County (Boston: W. A. Ferguson, 1891), 691-92, and Stanley B. Attwood, The Length and Breadth of Maine (Augusta: Kennebec Journal Print Shop, 1946), 134.
- Auburn, Androscoggin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 21 May 2013).