Davenport Iowa Family History Center
The Davenport Family History was established in 1982. The Center services southeastern Iowa and northwestern Illinois. Record holdings are primarily Scott County, Iowa and Rock Island County, Illinois. The Center has over 4,000 films and over 700 books on various genealogical topics and areas.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 4929 Wisconsin, Davenport, IA 52806
- Entrance located on the south side of the building. Entrance marked by small sign "Family History Center" near steps. Handicap ramp located at same entrance.
- Map to Davenport Family History Center.
- Tue 10 am - 2pm
- Wed 10 am - 8 pm
- Thur 10 am - 7 pm
- Sat 10 am - 2 pm
- Nov 23-27 for Thanksgiving
- Dec 24- 31 for Christmas
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- You can also search for microfilm and microfiche by number to see if the Center has any particular microfilm or microfiche. The numbers for searching must be obtained from the Family History Library Catalog. Please see the Introduction to the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 10 computers (with internet access for geneqalogical research only)
- 11 film readers
- 2 fich readers
- 1 film/fich digital copier
- 1 flatbed scanner
- copiers and printers
- dictionaries of many languages
- reference guides for areas worldwide
- reference books
Schleswig-Holstein (both in Denmark and Germany)
Resources in the Local Area
Augustana College, Rock Island, Illinois - Swenson Center for Swedish Research
Illinois Public Records on-line at IRAD
Volunteer at the Center
The Center is staffed by volunteers.
The staff will provide research helps and answer questions. Patrons must perform their own research.