Dawson County, Montana Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Daniels County Courthouse
213 Main Street; PO Box 247;
Scobey, MT 59263
County Clerk Recorder has birth and death records
from 1920 and land records; Clerk Court has marriage,
divorce and probate records from 1920; Clerk District
has court records
1869--Dawson County was created 15 January 1869 as an original county. County seat: Glendive 
For marriages from 1883-1900 see Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library CatalogDawson County; 207 W Bell St; Glendive, MT 59330-1694; Ph. 406.377.3058 Details: (Co Clk has b & d rec from 1895 & land rec from 1882; Clk Cts has m, div & ct rec from 1882 & pro rec from 1889)
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 415.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).