DeKalb County, Indiana Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1913 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
Civil War service men from DeKalb County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in DeKalb County.
- 12th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies B, C, and I
- 13th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Companies B, D
- 30th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company H, and Reorganized Companies C, and D
- 44th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 88th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company A, and H
- 100th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and K
- 118th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (6 months, 1863-4), Company F
- 129th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company A
- 142nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and D
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- DeKalb County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- "Johann de Kalb," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).