Delaware For Further Reading
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:20, 28 September 2010 by DiltsGD (fix breadcrumb)
These books will give you further information about the records of Delaware:
- Bibliography of Delaware, 1960-1974. Newart, Del,: University of Delaware, 1976. (Not at FHL.)
- Doherty, Thomas P., ed. Delaware Genealogical Research Guide. Wilmington, Del,: Delaware Genealogical Society, 1991. (FHL 975.1 D27d.) This book explains geography, record types, and repositories.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Ancestry's Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. Rev. ed. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1992. (FHL 973 D27rb 1992.) Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- Giles, Barbara S. Selected Delaware Bibliography and Resources. Seattle: B. S. Giles, 1990. (FHL 975.1 D27s.)
- Mattsson, Algot. New Sweden the Dream of an Empire. Goteborg: Tre Bocker, 1987. Vanersborg: Vanersborgs Offset. (FHL 975.1 H2m.) This is a brief historical overview of New Sweden and Swedes in America.
- Reed, Henry Clay, and Marion B. Reed. A Bibliography of Delaware through 1960. Newark, Del.: University of Delaware Press, 1966. (FHL 975.1 A3r.) Lists articles and books about specific families who lived about 1600-1960. This guide lists books, pamphlets, and manuscripts about Delaware towns, cities, counties, families, biographies, geography, history, courts, and other subjects.
- Rising, Johan Claesson. The Rise and Fall of New Sweden: Governor Johan Rising's Journal 1654-1655. Stockholm: Almqvist & Wiksell International, 1988. Uddevalla: Bohus Laningens boktr. (FHL 975.1 H2dn.) Includes translation and index.
[[Category:Delaware|For Further Reading}}