Delta County, Michigan Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- Cities: Escanaba . Gladstone
- Village: Garden
- Townships: Baldwin . Bark River . Nay de Noc . Brampton . Cornell . Ensign . Escanaba . Fairbanks . Ford River . Garden . Maple Ridge . Masonville . Nahma . Wells
- Communities: Bark River . Fayette . Garden Cornes . Isabella . Schaffer . Rapid River
Civil War service men from Delta County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Delta County.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
- Delta County Death Records, 1867-2010 - index of death records created by the Delta County Genealogical Society.
Societies and Libraries
- Delta County Historical Society
P.O. Box 484
Escanaba, MI 49829
Newsletter: "The Delta Historian"
- Delta County Genealogical Society
Escanaba, MI 49829
This link takes the researcher to a GENWEB page with several online databases, including births, marriages, cemetery records, the library catalog with entries by ethnicity, surname, etc; probate records, and Civil War records. However, the site is not maintained by the Genealogical Society. Their holdings at the Escanaba City Library include numerous Canadian resources listed according to province, county, then parish, Delta County and Michigan resources, many genealogies, local histories and records, as well as histories, research tools, and other publications for most of the United States, Canada, and several European countries.
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Delta County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Delta County, Michigan page 345, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).