Denby, Derbyshire Genealogy
DENBY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Belper, hundred of Morleston and Litchurch, S. division of the county of Derby, 8 miles (N. N. E.) from Derby. The Wesleyans have a place of worship. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Denby St Mary the Virgin parish was originally part of Codnor and Loscoe, Derbyshire until 1844 and Openwoodgate until 1891
Derbyshire Record Office reference D1428 has deposited registers Bap 1577-1942 Mar1573-1953 Burials 1577-1919 Banns 1754-1794, 1876-1909,1947-1978
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Derbyshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848), pp. 28-32. Date accessed: 06 May 2013.