Denmark: Finding Marriage Information
Denmark Finding Birth Information
For many different countries, finding a birth date and place for an ancestor can sometimes be difficult. However, there are many different records that make finding a birth date and place in Denmark quite simple.
Step 1: What do I know?
The first step in finding the birth information is to determine what you already know. Before beginning research, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I already have a birth date and place? How accurate is that information?
- Are there any relatives that would have the information?
- Are there secondary sources (such as online Family Trees and Biographies) that would have the information? What have others found?
If you do find the ancestor's birth information in your family records, or other easily available sources, make sure to document where you found that information. Also, make sure to determine whether the birth information found is merely family heresay or if it came from original records.
Step 2: What records can I search to find a marriage date?
If you could not find marriage information in Step 1, or if you need to verify the information you found, then the next step in the research is understanding what records contain marriage information.
Finding the birth date
The easiest birth information to find is the birth date. Although it may not be possible to find an exact birth date in some cases, it is possible to find an approximate year or a christening date. Search the following records to find a birth date:
- Biographies, Genealogies, and Periodicals:#Church Records (see also Church Birth and Christening Records):
- Censuses:#Civil Registration:#Court Records:#Military Levying Rolls:#Probates:#Taxes:#Occupational Records:
Step 4: What's next?
After you have determined the marriage information of the ancestor, you can begin to search for other records.
2. Death information
3. Moving and Migration information
4. Place of Origin in Denmark
5.City People and Research
6.Families in Sønderjylland (Southern Denmark)