- 1 Town Hall
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Establishment and former town name(s)
- 4 Boundary Changes
- 5 Neighboring Towns
- 6 Resources
- 6.1 Biography
- 6.2 Cemeteries
- 6.3 Centennial celebrations, etc.
- 6.4 Church History and Records
- 6.5 Directories
- 6.6 Genealogy
- 6.7 History
- 6.8 Land and Property
- 6.9 Maps
- 6.10 Military Hiastory and Records
- 6.11 Newspapers
- 6.12 Town Records
- 6.13 Vital Records
- 6.14 Voting Registers
- 7 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 8 Websites
- 9 References
Establishment and former town name(s)
Historical data relating to counties, cities, and towns in Massachusetts (Boston, Massachusetts: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1997), FHL book 974.4 H2h 1997.
19 June 1793: Incorporated as a town, from part of Yarmouth.
Archiac name: Nobscusset, Sesuet
12 July 1945:
8 May 1947: Act of July 12, 1945, amended and bounds between Dennis and Harwich established.
All locations in Dennis unless otherwise specifically listed.
- Cemetery inscriptions of Dennis, Massachusetts FHL
- B.N. Derick's cemetery records of Dennis, Ma. (part of Mayflower Descendant Legacy) FHL
If you visit theFamily History Library, "If you are using a computer in the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, you may use this database by clicking here."
Dennis Village (1794)
Old Bass River Rd., Rte 6A
- Cemetery inscriptions, Dennis Union Church "Did not copy the newer part" FHL
Gravesite of a child who died from smallpox
corner of Setucket and Airline Sts
Hall Family (1696)
- Cemetery inscriptions, Hall Cemetery FHL
Howes Family (1650)
New Boston Rd
- Cemetery inscriptions, Howes Cemetery FHL
Rte 6A, on shores of Scargo Lake (no markers)
Oak Ridge (1970)
Paddock Family (1707)
off Rte 6A
Centennial celebrations, etc.
- The celebration of the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the founding of old Yarmouth, Mass. : including the present towns of Yarmouth and Dennis; September 1 and 3, 1889 FHL
Church History and Records
- Second Congregational Church
Church records, 1728-1810 FHL
- North Congregational Church
Church records, 1814-1850 FHL
Land and Property
Military Hiastory and Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums