Deschutes County, Oregon Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:51, 11 October 2008 by Dsammy (a)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1300 NW Wall St. Bend, OR
- Named for Deschutes River. French name was Riviere des Chutes or Riviere aux Chutes, meaning River of the Falls. The waterfall it referred to was Celilo Falls near where the river exits into Columbia River.
- Created from Crook County 13 December 1916.
Records Held at the Courthouse
- County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Deschutes County Court House as of September/October 2007.
Places / Localities
Societies and Libraries
- The Deschutes County GenWeb Project part of The ORGenWeb Project, a state project affiliated with The USGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Deschutes County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Deschutes County (mirror site)
- FamilySearch.org] Family History Library Catalog for Deschutes County.