Deschutes County, Oregon Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 07:12, 19 January 2009 by Dsammy (a)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1300 NW Wall St. Bend, OR
Records Held at the Courthouse
- County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Deschutes County Court House as of September/October 2007.
- Record Loss:
- Named for Deschutes River. French name was Riviere des Chutes or Riviere aux Chutes, meaning River of the Falls. The waterfall it referred to was Celilo Falls near where the river exits into Columbia River.
Places / Localities
Bend | La Pine | Redmond | Sisters
Black Butte Ranch | Brothers | Deschutes River Woods | Sunriver | Terrebonne | Three Rivers
Church History and Records
Societies and Libraries
- The Deschutes County GenWeb Project part of The ORGenWeb Project, a state project affiliated with The USGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Deschutes County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Deschutes County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Deschutes County.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].