Dickinson County, Michigan Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:37, 20 October 2008 by Standingve
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1891--Dickinson County was created 21 May 1891 from Marquette, Menominee and Iron Counties. County seat: Iron Mountain 
- Cities: Iron Mountain . Kingsford . Norway
- Villages: none
- Townships: Breen, Breitung . Felch . Norway . Sagola . Waucedah . West Branch
- Communities: Alfred . Antoine . Channing . East Kingsford . Felch . Felch Mountain . Floodwood . Foster City . Granite Bluff . Hardwood . Hylas . Loretto . Merriman . Metropolitan . Quinnesec . Ralph . Randville . Sagola . Skidmore . Spruce . Theodore . Turner . Vulcan . Waucedah
Societies and Libraries
- Dickinson County Genealogical Society
c/o Dickinson County Library
401 Iron Mountain Street
Iron Mountain, MI 48901-3435 Dickinson County Census Records 1790 to 1930; Disbean online marriage index; GENDIS and Social Security Death indexes.
- Menominee Range Historical Foundation
300 E. Ludington Street
Iron Mountain, MI 49801
SEASONAL PHONE: (906) 774-4276 - Call for hours of Operation and Admission Information. Holdings include biographical card file, photos, Hazel Dault’s extensive genealogy collection; original Iron Mountain Press/Iron Mountain News/Daily News 1897-1905, 1918- 1980; Norway Current 1887-1954; Polk City Directory, 1902-1903, 1913, 1963-2001 [not inclusive]; Civil War records; Sagola Township Meeting Minutes; Foster City articles; CCC [Civilian Conservation Corps] records; Health Records; Marriage Records 1914-1950 by Dickinson County Justice of the Peace.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Dickinson County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).