Does the Family History Library have England Parish Records?
To determine which microfilms of Church of England records may be available for the parish in which you are interested, use the Place Search by following these steps in the Family History Library Catalog.
- Go to www.familysearch.org
- Click the Library tab.
- Click Family History Library Catalog.
- Click Place Search.
- Type the locality.
- Click Search.
- Click the locality that most closely matches the one you want.
- Click the topic Church records.
- Click a title to see more details. The record may be in a book or on a film.
- ClickView Film Notes to see the film numbers.
You can order a microfilm for a nominal fee at a family history center in your area and view it in the center. Some centers also have machines that can print a photocopy from a microfilm.