Domkirken (Vor Frelser), Oslo, Norway Genealogy
Images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
History of the parish
Early: Vor Fresler parish was the original city parish from 1624. Aker parish and Bymarka, which belonged to Aker, was outside the city limits.
On October 25, 1687 the division was established between the city parish (Vor Frelser) and the Akershus Slott parish which was completed September 22, 1671.
On September 1734 the borders of Vår Frelser were established to the city limits, where Aker parish jurisdiction took over and to the border of Oslo (Oslo Hospital) parish, excluding the area of Akershus Castle (Slott).
Middle: A royal resolution of March 22, 1858 divided the parish in two. Vor Frelser and Trefoldighet. See Trefoldighet for border descriptions.
Later: The expansion of the city limits at various times brought some changes to the church jurisdictions. A royal resolution of July 10, 1874 created Jakob's parish from the northern part of Vor Frelser parish.
A royal resolution September 28, 1897 declared the borders of Vor Frelser as follow: From Aker river's end to Vaterlands bridge, Brugata, Storgata, Youngs gate, Hospitalsgata, Akersgata, Apotekergata, Rosenkrantzgate, Kristian 4's gate, Universitetsgata, Karl Johans gare, Nedre Slottsgate, Festnings territory borders and dow to the water.
A royal resolution November 18, 1899 created Vaterland småkirke annex parish. It covered the area between Stenersgate and Østbannen (east railway station). The change of the parish name to Oslo Domkirke did not take place until 1950