Door County, Wisconsin Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Historical Facts
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 4.1 Bible Records
- 4.2 Biography
- 4.3 Cemeteries
- 4.4 Census
- 4.5 Church History and Records
- 4.6 Court Records
- 4.7 Crime and Criminals
- 4.8 Directories
- 4.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 4.10 Gazetteers
- 4.11 Genealogy
- 4.12 History
- 4.13 Land and Property
- 4.14 Maps
- 4.15 Migration
- 4.16 Military History and Records
- 4.17 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 4.18 Newspapers
- 4.19 Obituaries
- 4.20 Periodicals
- 4.21 Probate Records
- 4.22 Repositories
- 4.23 Societies
- 4.24 Taxation
- 4.25 Vital Records
- 4.26 Voting Registers
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
Door County Courthouse
421 Nebraska Street
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235-2204
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage, divorce, and land records from 1850;
Clerk Court has divorce records from 1900 and court records from 1860;
Register in Probate has probate records from 1863 
Places / Localities
- Washington Island including Detroit Harbor.
- Liberty Grove (Town of), including villages of Gills Rock, Ellison Bay, and Sister Bay. Also old towns/areas include Rowleys Bay, Appleport, Hedgehog Harbor, North Bay, and North Port.
- Baileys Harbor, including Peninsula Center
- Gibraltor (Town of), including villages of Ephraim, Juddville, and Fish Creek. Horseshoe (Eagle) and Chamber Islands.
- Jacksonport, including West Jacksonport.
- Egg Harbor, including the village of Egg Harbor and Carlsville.
- Sevastopol, including villages of Valmy, Institute, and Whitefish Bay.
- Sturgeon Bay
- Gardner, including Little Sturgeon Bay
- Forestville, including Village of Forestville, Carnot, and Maplewood.
- Nasawaupee, including Idlewild.
- Union, including Shoemaker Point and Namur.
- Brussels, including Rosiere and Kohlberg.
- Clay Banks, including Vignes and Salona.
Peninsula Genealogical Society Website - Door County Cemeteries indexed and many with photos linked to their stones.
1855 Wisconsin State Census— Free searchable index to the 1855 Wisconsin State Census can be viewed on the  This census includes name of head of family, individuals in the household by sex and race, number of deaf and dumb, blind, insane and foreign born.
1885 Wisconsin State Census— Free searchable index to the 1885 Wisconsin State Census can be viewed on the  This census includes name of head of family, individuals in the household by sex and race, number of deaf and dumb, blind, insane and foreign born.
Church History and Records
Crime and Criminals
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Norwegians - immigration to Door County, WI. Birth, immigration, marriage, death etc found in the digitized parish registers of Norway www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read
Land and Property
Door County Land Information Portal map.co.door.wi.us/map/[] click on map and find past and current land information.
The State of Wisconsin Collection Plat Maps 1899, 1900, 1914, and 1923. digicoll.library.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/WI/WI-idx Use "volume" forward feature to go to later years.
Military History and Records
Naturalization and Citizenship
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
Peninsula Genealogical Society - The PGS Website is striving to be a Door County Research Guide, including Cemetery indexes linked with photos of stones as an ongoing project, Pre-1907 Marriage and Death indexes, Obituary index, Bios, and family histories, and where to go to find other sources.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. page 756 Door County, Wisconsin (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002). Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Handybook" defined multiple times with different content