From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 05:22, 16 July 2012 by Murphynw
There is one crematorium and four cemeteries operated by Bournemouth Borough Council.
- Crematorium & North Cemetery, Strouden Avenue
- Opened in 1927 although the cemetery chapel was modified to encompass a dual role as a crematorium in 1938. A second smaller Cemetery / Crematorium Chapel was added in 1963
- East Cemetery, Gloucester Road
- Sometimes referred to as Boscombe Cemetery because of its location – it is adjacent to Kings Park and the entrance is on Gloucester Road.
- Kinson Cemetery, South Kinson Drive
- The most recent Bournemouth Cemetery opened in 1936.
- Wimborne Road Cemetery, Wimborne Road
- The first cemetery to be opened in Bournemouth, in the year 1898. The entrance is at the junction of Wimborne Road and Charminster Road and aptly known as Cemetery Junction.