Dorset Family History Society
|Address||The Treetops Research Centre, Suite 5, Stanley House, 3, Fleets Lane, Poole, Dorset BH15 3AJ|
|Vice-President|| June Clist|
|Affiliations||Federation of Family History Societies|
|Last updated: Apr 30, 2017|
The Dorset Family History Society is for those who are interested in tracing their family history, whether they are beginners or experts.
The society can provide research support and facilities for people in the UK or overseas with family interests in Dorset, as well as those who live in Dorset but whose families may have lived in other counties or countries. It is a member of the Federation of Family History Societies. 
- What are the benefits for becoming a member of the society?
- 11 meetings each year (not August) at Upper Parkstone, near Poole, Dorset
- Computer Group - meets monthly (not January or August) at Treetops Research Centre
- Quarterly Journal (posted on the 1st working day of December, March, June & September). New Members receive the Journals published since the beginning of their membership year
- Dorset Family History information - some booklets, CDs and fiche are for sale, other records can be searched on your behalf for a fee
- Research advice available at meetings and our Treetops Research Centre
- Personal research can be carried out at our Treetops Research Centre (+ 1 to 1 assistance available if needed). Not restricted to Dorset records
- Sales table - available at meetings and by post
- Lending library
- Exchange journals from many other Family History Societies available on loan (personal visitors to Treetops only)
- Coach trips to London Record Offices and, as occasion demands, to other Family History venues
- Reduced fees for meetings, use of Treetops Research Centre, Education courses and workshops, coach trips and search services
- 2 Mailing Lists - details of how to subscribe can be found in the centre pages of the Journal.
- What are the benefits the society has to offer for those who are not members?
- Attend a half day or one day workshop; or a two day course led by Jane Ferentzi-Sheppard one of Britain's leading family history tutors
History of the society
FamilySearch Wiki Projects
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What are the directions to the society?
- Q. What hours is the society is open?