Douglas County, Colorado Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1861--Douglas County was created 1 November 1861 as an original county. County seat: Castle Rock 
Places / Localities
Elbert, Arapahoe, Jefferson, Teller and Elpaso
Douglas County Old Age Pension Records 1933-1936. An Index compiled from the offical record of the applications granted by the Douglas County Commissioners during these years. Record may show the following:
- Name of Applicant
- Date and Amount of pension payment
- Any adjustments to the pension
- Person's age
- Town nearest to where they lived
- Other Actions done by the County
Colorado State Archives has put an Index to the Douglas County Will Records for the years 1886 to 1961.
Colorado State Archives has put the Douglas County Inheritance Tax Records Index for 1911-1944 on-line.
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).