Douglas County, Oregon Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 06:18, 19 January 2009 by Dsammy (reference)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Roseburg, OR 97470
Records Held at the Courthouse
- County Records Inventory listing the records held at the Douglas County Court House as of June 2005.
- Record Loss:
- Named for U.S. Senator Stephen A. Douglas of Illinois.
- Trivia Tidbits: Little biographic bits associated with the names of non-population localities.
- Part was taken to form Wasco County 11 January 1854.
- Camas Valley of Umpqua County was annexed to Douglas County in 1856.
- Douglas County absorbed the remaining parts of Umpqua County in 1862.
- Boundary adjustments were made with Jackson and Lane counties in 1915.
Places / Localities
Church History and Records
Societies and Libraries
- The Douglas County GenWeb Project;part of The ORGenWeb Project, a state project affiliated with The USGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Douglas County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Douglas County (mirror site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Douglas County.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).