Duchesne Utah Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Duchesne Utah Stake Family History Center.
All Family History Centers coordinate their efforts with the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah, which has over two million rolls of microfilm containing copies of original records from more than a hundred countries. They include vital, census, church, land, and probate records and other records of genealogical value.
This vast collection of microfilm has been acquired through the cooperation of governments, churches, and individual record custodians throughout the world. Copies of these films are available for your use through Family History Centers located throughout the world.
There are computers, microfilm and microfiche readers and several reference books available at our Center. The computers there are connected to DSL internet.
The services at the Family History Center are free of charge with the exception of a small charge for copies, printouts, and microfilm and microfiche rentals.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 901 N. 500 E.
Duchesne, Utah 84021
- Please use North door at Stake building for entrance to Family History Center
3. use Google maps or other mapping link using your location and above Center address to create map and driving directions.
Open Hours: Wednesday 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM and 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Holiday Schedule: Closed first week of January, Memorial Day, July 4th , July 24th (when dates fall on Wed.), closed month of August, and last two weeks of November and December.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Several Uintah Basin local community histories, as well as several Prominent Uintah Basin Family Histories are available for reading at the Center.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Our Center houses 12 Computers, 2 microfilm readers, 1microfich reader, 3 patorn printers, and 2 scanners for patron use.
Staff Research Specialties
We have seasoned Researchers, Sourcing Specialist, and trained FH Support Specialist to help you in your Family History endevors. <fck:hr>
Resources in the Local Area
Duchesne City Library houses a Duchesne History Library for public us <fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr>