Duchesne Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
All Family History Centers coordinate their efforts with the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah, which has over two million rolls of microfilm containing copies of original records from more than a hundred countries. They include vital, census, church, land, and probate records and other records of genealogical value.
This vast collection of microfilm has been acquired through the cooperation of governments, churches, and individual record custodians throughout the world. Copies of these films are available for your use through Family History Centers located throughout the world.
There are computers, microfilm and microfiche readers and several reference books available at our Center. The computers there are connected to DSL internet.
The services at the Family History Center are free of charge with the exception of a small charge for copies, printouts, and microfilm and microfiche rentals.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location and Map:
- Address: 901 N. 500 E., Duchesne, Utah 84021 USA
- Please use north door of building for entrance to Family History Center
- Location on Map
Open Hours: Wednesday 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM and 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Holiday Schedule: Closed first week of January, Memorial Day, July 4th , July 24th (when dates fall on Wed.), closed month of August, and last two weeks of November and December.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Several Uintah Basin local community histories, as well as several Prominent Uintah Basin Family Histories are available for reading at the Center.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 12 Computers
- 2 microfilm readers
- 1microfiche reader
- 3 patron printers
- 2 scanners
Staff Research Specialties
We have seasoned Researchers, Sourcing Specialist, and trained FH Support Specialist to help you in your Family History endeavors. <fck:hr>
Resources in the Local Area
Duchesne County Library houses a Duchesne History Library for public use.