Dukes County, Massachusetts Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 04:29, 18 February 2009 by Dsammy (linked)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The County of Dukes County
PO Box 190
Edgartown, MA 02539
- The oddity of the name of the county is due to the statute that created this county.
- Created 1 Nov 1683 when it was claimed by Colony of New York, then reclaimed by Massachusetts Bay Colony, re-established 22 June 1695. 
Places / Localities
Societies and Libraries
- The Dukes County MAGenWeb Project, an member of The MAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Dukes County
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Dukes County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].