Dunn County, North Dakota Genealogy
Dunn County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Dunn County Courthouse
205 Owens Street PO Box 136
Manning, ND 58642
Clerk District Court has marriage, probate, divorce
and court records from 1908 and military discharge
records from 1919; Register of Deeds has land records
from 1900; State Historical Society has naturalization
Roshua cemetery inscriptions providing the name, date of birth and date of death where available.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Dunn County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in North Dakota.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Dunn County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Dunn County, North Dakota. Page 523 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 13 August, 2012)