Duval County, Florida Genealogy
Guide to Duval County Florida genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Duval County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||August 12, 1822|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Duval County Courthouse
330 E Bay Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202
Clerk Circuit Court has divorece, court and
land records from 1921.
County Judge has marriage and probate records. 
Places / Localities
Biographies at Duval Co, FLGenWeb
Acosta, William I. (see Scott & Acosta below)
Baker & Holmes (Baker, John D. & Holmes, J. Dobbin) - pp. 156-157
Baldwin, Dr. A. S. - pp. 148-150
Bryan, Captain James A. - pp. 184-185
Buckman, Henry H. - pp. 152-153
Campbell, A. B. - p. 163
Campbell. J. R. (Jeremiah Rockwell) - pp. 165-166
Carter, William R. - p. 161
Clark, Harrison W. - pp. 169-171
Coachman, Walter F. - p. 185
Da Costa, Charles W. - p. 172
Des Rochers, J. M. (John Mowbray) - p. 183
Doggett, John L. - p. 152
Driscoll, Captain W. J. (William J.) - pp. 181-182
Fleming, Ex-Governor (Francis P. Fleming) - pp. 151
Fletcher, Hon. D. U. (Duncan U.) - pp. 183-184
Greeley, Hon. J. C. (Jonathan C.) - pp. 180-181
Harkisheimer, Major William J. - p. 153-155
Hartridge, Augustus G. - p. 177
Hartridge, Hon. John E. - pp. 175-176
Hawthorne, F. W. - see Journals and Journalists
Knight, Raymond D. - pp. 161-162
Livingston, C. O. (Charles Ondis) - pp. 174-175
Mattair, Captain L. H. (Lewis Henry) - pp. 182-183
McMurray, Hon. P. E. - pp. 157-158
Merrill, A. R. (Alexander R.) - p. 173
Merrill, J. E. (James Eugene) - p. 173
Metcalf, Lorrettus S. - pp. 186-188
Phillips, Judge Henry B. - pp. 155-156
Schumacher, James M. - pp. 158-160
Scott & Acosta (Scott, John R. & Acosta, William I.) - pp. 168-169
Scott, John R. (see Scott & Acosta above)
Stevens, A. D. (Arthur D.) - p. 174
Stillman, John E. - p. 188
Stockton Family, The - pp. 177-179
Stockton, Thomas T. - pp. 179-180
Towns, Charles B. - pp. 165-168
Turner, Major M. P. (Michael P.) - p. 165
Ware, William S. - pp. 163-165
Wurts, John - p. 160
- Arlington Cemetery, Jacksonville
- Evergreen Cemetery, Jacksonville
- Mandarin Cemetery, Mandarin
- Riverside Memorial Park, Jacksonville
Findagrave.com lists over 130 cemeteries in Duval County, Florida
For tips on accessing Duval County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
The 1885 Florida State Population Census includes sex, age, relationship, occupation, place of birth of each family member and parents. Also census for agriculture, manufacture and mortality.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Panama Park
Cities and Towns
Cities and Towns of Duval Co, FLGenWeb
Atlantic Beach, Baldwin, Jacksonville,Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach
British West Florida at Duval Co, FLGenWeb
History of Duval Co, FLGenWeb
The Book of Jacksonville: a history, Brown, S. Paul, 1895
City Officials, 1893-95
Government Building, The
Journals and Journalists
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Duval County:
Map showing Civil War battles in Florida.
- 1823-1927 - Duval County Marriage Books 1-45 Index 1823-1927 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Duval County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Duval County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Duval County, Florida. Page 134 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 26 June 2012).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/54/Igiflorida.pdf.