|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 Town Hall
- 2 Quick History
- 3 Resources
- 3.1 Biography
- 3.2 Cemeteries (off page site)
- 3.3 Census
- 3.4 Church History and Records
- 3.5 Directories
- 3.6 Dwellings
- 3.7 Genealogy
- 3.8 History
- 3.9 Land and Deeds Records
- 3.10 Maps
- 3.11 Military History and Records
- 3.12 Newspapers
- 3.13 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 3.14 Town Records
- 3.15 Vital Records
- 3.16 Websites
- 4 References
878 Tremont St.
Duxbury, MA 02332
Establishment and former town name(s) 
7 June 1637: "... Ducksburow shallbecome a towneship, ... and to have the prveledges of a towne..." (Plymouth Colony Records, Vol. 1, p. 62.)
Archiac name: Ducksburrow, Green Harbor, Namassakeesett, Mattakeeset
Section/Villages within the town: Ashdod, Captain's Hill, Cedar Crest, Duxbury Beach, Fordsville, Gardnerville, Hall's Corner, Hatchville, Island Creek, Millbrook, North Duxbury, Powder Point, South Duxbury, Tarklin, Tinkertown, West Duxbury
Boundary Changes 
2 March 1641: Bounds established.
3 June 1656: Part called the "Duxburrow New Plantation" established as Bridgewater.
2 March 1658: "Namassakeesett" annexex.
5 March 1661: Certrain tract of land granted to Duxbury and Marshfield.
5 July 1670: Bounds between Duxbury and the "Major's Purchase" established.
5 June 1678: Bounds established. 23 February 1683: Bounds between Duxbury and Marshfield established.
21 March 1712: Part included in the new town of Pembroke.
16 Jun 1726: Part included in the new town of Kingston
14 Jun 1813: Bounds between Duxbury andMarshfield established.
14 April 1857: Part annexed to Kingston.
Also see: Genealogy, History
Cemeteries (off page site)
Please see the page, due to length of the list.
Church History and Records
Also see: Biography, Genealogy
Land and Deeds Records
Military History and Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- Google Book - Vital Records of Duxbury to the Year of 1850.
- Historical data relating to counties, cities, and towns in Massachusetts (Boston, Massachusetts : New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1997), [FHL book 974.4 H2h 1997].