Difference between revisions of "Eagle Island Military Plantation, Maine"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(t)
 
(create page)
Line 1: Line 1:
'''Eagle Island''' is now unorganized territory in Penobscot Bay northeast of North Haven and west of Deer Isle. During the American Civil War it became a "military plantation" and is referred to as such by the Maine legislature as late as 1875.<ref>'''[http://books.google.com/books?id=PmBMAAAAYAAJ&pg=RA2-PA36&lpg=RA2-PA36&dq=Eagle+Island+Maine+military+plantation&source=bl&ots=WMHzy1d2zr&sig=w9Zm8P3yfueRdovv_MAnPSenzBE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=s0SCUs2OFaXCyAHCuICYCg&ved=0CEgQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=Eagle%20Island%20Maine%20military%20plantation&f=false Google Books]</ref>
+
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Maine]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Hancock County, Maine|Hancock]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]'' '''Eagle Island Military Plantation'''
 +
 
 +
'''Eagle Island''' is now unorganized territory of Hancock County in Penobscot Bay northeast of North Haven and west of Deer Isle. During the American Civil War it became a "military plantation" and was called that by the Maine legislature as late as 1875.<ref>[http://books.google.com/books?id=PmBMAAAAYAAJ&amp;amp;pg=RA2-PA36&amp;amp;lpg=RA2-PA36&amp;amp;dq=Eagle+Island+Maine+military+plantation&amp;amp;source=bl&amp;amp;ots=WMHzy1d2zr&amp;amp;sig=w9Zm8P3yfueRdovv_MAnPSenzBE&amp;amp;hl=en&amp;amp;sa=X&amp;amp;ei=s0SCUs2OFaXCyAHCuICYCg&amp;amp;ved=0CEgQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&amp;amp;q=Eagle%20Island%20Maine%20military%20plantation&amp;amp;f=false Google Books]</ref>  
 +
 
 +
=== References  ===
 +
 
 +
{{reflist}}
 +
 
 +
{{Maine|Maine}}
 +
 
 +
[[Category:Hancock_County,_Maine]] [[Category:Extinct_Plantations_in_Maine]]

Revision as of 16:07, 12 November 2013

United States Gotoarrow.png Maine Gotoarrow.png Hancock Gotoarrow.png Eagle Island Military Plantation

Eagle Island is now unorganized territory of Hancock County in Penobscot Bay northeast of North Haven and west of Deer Isle. During the American Civil War it became a "military plantation" and was called that by the Maine legislature as late as 1875.[1]

References