Eaton County, Michigan Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Eaton County Administrative Offices
1045 Independence Blvd.
Charlotte, MI 48813
A brief history of Eaton County is available at the county's web site.
1829--Eaton County was created 29 October 1829 from unorganized territory. It was attached to St. Joseph and Kalamazoo Counties prior to organization 29 December 1837. County seat: Charlotte 
- Cities: Charlotte . Eaton Rapids . Grand Ledge . Lansing. Olivet . Potterville
- Villages: Bellevue . Dimondale . Mulliken . Sunfield . Vermontville
- Townships: Bellevue . Benton . Brookfield . Carmel . Cheste r. Delta Charter . Eaton Rapids . Eaton . Hamlin . Kalamo . Oneida Charter . Roxand . Sunfield . Vermontville . Walton . Windsor Charter
- Communities: Ainger . Bismark . Brookfield . Carlisle . Charlesworth . Chester . Delta Center . Delta Mills . Five Points Corner . Gresham . Hoytville . Kalamo . Kelly . Kingsland . Little Venice . Millett . Needmore . Olivet Station . Oneida Center . Packard . Petreville . Sahytown . Stalls Corner . Waverly . West Windsor . Woodbury
The Eaton County Clerk's Office has provided information about how to obtain genealogical records for their county on their portion of the county web site.
- Birth Records Table Alcona County Genealogical SocietyFree membership with registration.
- Marriage Records Table Alcona County Genealogical SocietyFree membership with registration.
- Death Records Table Alcona County Genealogical SocietyFree membership with registration.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch - Pilot. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Eaton County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).