Edgefield District, South Carolina
History and Tidbits
Edgefield District was formed 2 March 1785 from Ninety-Six District. The district was reorganized in 1865 to Edgefield County. No further divisions occured.
Old Edgefield District Genealogical Society collection of newspapers, wills, deeds, censuses, and mortality schedules.
- First Settlers of South Carolina, 1670-80, by Agnes L. Baldwin; pub. Columbia, South Carolina, 1969
- Inventory of County Archives of South Carolina, 14 vol., Historical Records Survey; pub. Columbia, South Carolina, 1937-1941
- Research Materials in South Carolina, by John H. Moore; pub. Columbia, South Carolina, 1967
- Bibliography of South Carolina, 1563-1950, 6 vol., Robert C. Turnbull; pub. Charlottesville, Virgina 1956-1960
- The History of South Carolina, 4 vol., David D. Wallace; pub. New York, 1934