Edwards County, Kansas Genealogy
Edwards County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Edwards County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 7, 1874|
|Address|| Edwards County Courthouse|
312 Massachusetts Ave.
Kinsley, Kansas 67547-1099
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Edwards County Courthouse
312 Massachusetts Ave
Kinsley, KS 67547-1099
Probate Judge has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1874.
Register of Deeds has land records from 1874. 
Land and property records can place an ancestor in a particular location, provide economic information, and reveal family relationships. Land records include: deeds, abstracts and indexes, mortgages, leases, grants and land patents.
See Kansas Land and Property for additional information about early Kansas land grants. After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse, where records are currently housed.
- For information about Civil War records see Kiowa County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Edwards County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Edwards County, Kansas page 250At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).