Difference between revisions of "El Paso County, Texas Genealogy"
(Added nav bar)
|Line 76:||Line 76:|
Revision as of 03:15, 18 October 2010
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
El Paso is presently its largest city. Across the Rio Grande is Chihuahua's largest city, Ciudad Juarez. Today it is a major international port of entry, and from its earliest days has been a significant customs and immigrations checkpoint between the United States and Mexico.
1850--El Paso County was created 3 January 1850 from Bexar Land District. County seat: El Paso 
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- El Paso
- El Paso Dist
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).