Elgin, Union County, Oregon Genealogy
The city was platted in 1886 and incorporated 18 February 1891 by the Oregon Legislative Assembly.
The city is known for the Elgin Opera House, originally dedicated in 1912.
Main economy of Elgin in early years was the sawmills churning out lumber.
180 N 8th Avenue
a mile north east of Elgin Oregon On the old Hug Homesite.
Elgin Cemetery Road, south of Clark Creek Road, east of Elgin
East side of Middle Road, north of Elgin
Highland aka Good Road aka Cricket Flat
west side of Good Road, north of Wallowa Lake Highway (Hwy 82), east of Elgin
Indian Creek Road, east of Highway 82, south of Elgin
Mount Pleasant aka Scott
Traveling North from Elgin on Highway 82, turn left onto Yarrington Road and continue for 4.9 miles. The cemetery is on the left side of the road. Turn west onto the lane to the cemetery, which is just before and runs beside the old abandoned (Baptist) church. It is right behind and to the left of the church. 
gravel road, off Follett Road, off Pine Grove Loop, south of Wallowa Lake Highway
- St. Mary Roman Catholic
10th. and Division St., Elgin, OR 97827
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Bernal D. Hug, History of Elgin, Oregon FHL Book 979.571/E1 H2h