Elk County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Elk County Courthouse;
127 N Pine Street
Howard, KS 67349
Courthouse burned in 1906.
Clerk Disrict has birth and death records 1885-1911,
marriage and probate records from 1875,
divorce and court records from 1906 and land records from 1871. 
- 1875--Elk County was created 3 March 1875 from Howard (Old) County. County seat: Howard 
For information about Civil War records see Chautauqua County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Elk County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Elk County, Kansas page 250 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).