Enfield Jesus Chapel

From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:13, 25 June 2012 by Cottrells (talk | contribs) (Text replace - "Category:England" to "Category:Middlesex")

Jump to: navigation, search

Return to the Middlesex Parishes C-F page, or return to the Middlesex Church Records page.

Enfield Jesus [district] Chapel, at Forty Hill, an elegant structure in the early English style, with four open campanile turrets at the angles of the nave, enriched with canopies and surmounted by crocketed spires, was erected in 1832, at the expense of Mr. Meyer: the living is a perpetual curacy, in the gift of the Vicar. The living of Christ Church, Trent, is in the gift of R. C. L. Bevan, Esq.

Samuel Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 173-177.