England Medical Records
From FamilySearch Wiki
|England Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- Historic Hospital Admission Registers Project (HHARP) : Database of admission records for the Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Glasgow: 1883-1903. This database also includes admmissions for three London hospitals: The Hospital for Sick children at Great Ormond Street, the Evelina Hospital and the Alexandra Hospital for Children with Hip Disease: 1852-1914.
- How to look for records of Public health and epidemics in the 19th and 20th centuries (UK National Archives)
- Vaccination against smallpox was compulsory in England and Wales from 1853 until 1948. A Vaccination Certificate was issued to the parents of each vaccinated child as proof that the vaccination had taken place. A sample of the vaccination certificate is found here.
- An index of Medical Genealogy Records in the UK, both civilian and military
- UK Medical Registers, 1859-1959 ($ Ancestry.com)
- Links to England-related articlesRecord Selection Table · Archives and Libraries · Biography · Cemeteries · Census · Church Directories · Church History · Church Records · Civil Registration · Court Records · Directories · Emigration and Immigration · Gazetteers · Compiled Genealogies · Handwriting · Historical Geography · History · Jewish Records · Land and Property · Language and Languages · Maps · Medical Records · Merchant Marine · Military Records · Naturalization and Citizenship · Newspapers · Nobility · Occupations · Online Records · Parishes · Passenger Lists · Periodicals · Personal Names · Poor Law Unions · Probate Records · Schools · Societies · Taxation · Vital Records · Voting Registers ·