Escambia County, Florida Genealogy
Guide to Escambia County Florida genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Escambia County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||July 21, 1821|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Escambia County Courthouse
223 S Palafox Place
Pensacola, FL 32501
Clerk County Court has marriage, probate and court records from 1821.
County Health Department has birth and death records.
Comptroller has land records from 1821. 
1821--Escambia County was created 21 July 1821 as an original county.
County seat: Pensacola 
Places / Localities
- Escambia County, Florida Cemetery Transcriptions - The USGenWeb Archives Project
- Florida Tombstone Transcription Project - USGenWeb
- Interment.net - Florida cemetery records by County
- St. John's Cemetery, Pensacola, Florida (Sponsored by The Friends of St. John's Cemetery Foundation)
- St. John's Cemetery, Pensacola BillionGraves
- Veterans Administration National Cemeteries - Florida National Cemeteries
- Barrancas National Cemetery, Pensacola BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Escambia County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
- 1783 Spanish Census - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1821 Census/Tax List Index - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1823 Census/Tax List Index - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1880 Census African Born Blacks and Mulattos - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Federal Census Information from National Archives - USGenWeb Archives Project
- State Census Information from Florida State Archives - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Census of Pensioners Revolutionary Military Service - USGenWeb Archives Project
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- [http://www.escambiaclerk.com/clerk/coc_online_public_records.aspx Clerk of the Court, Escambia County)
- [http://www.escambiaclerk.com/clerk/coc_online_public_records.aspx Clerk of the Court, Escambia County) - Plat Books and Old Deed Books Public Records Search
- Florida Territorial Land Records
- 1870 Gray's Atlas Panhandle Portion of State - USGenWeb Archives Project
- 1882 Rand McNally Panhandle Portion of State - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Exploring Florida, FCIT Maps, University of South Florida
- Florida State Military Files - USGenWeb Archives Project
- Pension Transcriptions - Florida state pension records from various wars - USGenWeb Pension Project
- The 1890 Census Veterans Schedules for Fort Barrancas in Escambia County are available on roll 118 of "Special Schedules of the Eleventh Census (1890) Enumerating Union Veterans and Widows of Union Veterans of the Civil War" (NARA M123). The schedules list veterans and their widows who served as Union soldiers in the Civil War. For more information on the 1890 Veterans Schedules see Union Census Records.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Escambia County:
Map showing Civil War battles in Florida.
- Escambia County, Florida Obituaries - Obituary transcriptions from Escambia, Florida - USGenWeb Obituaries Project
- [http://www.escambiaclerk.com/clerk/coc_online_public_records.aspx Clerk of the Court, Escambia County) - Probate Court Public Records Search
- [http://www.escambiaclerk.com/clerk/coc_online_public_records.aspx Clerk of the Court, Escambia County) - Tax Deed Sales Records
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Escambia County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Escambia County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- Escambia County, The FLGenWeb Project at USGenWeb
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Escambia County, Florida. Page 134 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 26 June 2012).